Peru is more than the ancient ruins on the dizzyingly steep cliffs of Machu Picchu, or the sight of llamas being led through the streets of Cusco by indigenous people, or the amazing experience of wandering through (and shopping for) a rainbow of textiles or sipping a latte in an outdoor cafe of cosmopolitan Lima. Peru, a country larger than Spain and France combined, a country of varied climates and cultures and natural wonders, is an incredible family vacation destination. From hikers to history buffs to those seeking a chance to experience an ancient culture, a Peru travel adventure will capture your imagination.
The ancient Incan culture will captivate you as you admire the engineering feats required to create the spectacular terraces, which criss-cross the highest peaks. On your Peru family vacation, you can explore the citadels and temples and sacred sites that can be found throughout the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and the outskirts of Cusco.
Do you need an alpaca sweater? A warm hat with earflaps (and you certainly might in summer time in Cusco) or a taste of guinea pig? Or do you have a hankering for KFC or Ceviche on your family vacation in Peru? Do you want to experience local village life? See condors flying through the deepest canyon in the world? Perhaps a visit to turquoise lakes or a zip line in the Amazon Jungle? Here’s the ultimate mix of people, culture, food and adventure. So many possibilities and so many ways to discover Peru.
Peru adventure tour highlights
- Hike part or all of the Inca Trail or simply marvel at the sunrise at Machu Picchu
- Explore the villages of the Sacred Valley and get a glimpse of ancient Incan life as many of the traditions and celebrations continue today
- Non-stop festivities and celebrations and incredible street life
- Hiking the Colca Canyon—twice the size of the Grand Canyon—one of the deepest canyons in the world
- Exotic Food—ceviche, Incan cola, tres leche, pisco sour, cuy (guinea pig)
- The most diverse array of wildlife of any country on earth.
(Prices are based on a family of 2 adults and 2 children)
Licensed by Consumer Protection BC. License #50718