Thailand, ‘the land of smiles’, has long been one of Asia’s most compelling and enticing family destinations
Family Adventure Travel in Thailand
For the adventurous family, Northern Thailand is the place of dreams. Hill tribe trekking offers cultural encounters and beautiful locations for a family adventure in Thailand; exuberant festivals are commonplace; add to that open-air markets, wild mountain scenery, elephant rescue and conservation centers and river rafting – the variety of experiences is astounding.
Then, of course, there are the beaches. The stunning palm lined beaches and clear azure waters of Thailand’s coasts and beaches will make your dreams of a tropical paradise become reality. Here you can choose a secluded island or revel at a lively resort and indulge in every kind of adventure water sport imaginable with our adventure travel company.
Cosmopolitan, Bangkok is a shopper’s paradise, but under the shadows of the skyscrapers lie golden temples and frenetic markets. Chiang Mai, home to its famous Night Market, moves at a slower, more relaxed pace and is the gateway for treks to the fabled Golden Triangle, elephant encounters and other exciting outdoor Thailand family adventures.
- Sailing, swimming, snorkeling or diving in the pristine waters of the southern coast.
- Volunteering at Elephant Nature Park, an elephant refuge center near Chiang Mai.
- Trekking and rafting on the way to hill tribe communities, and staying overnight in one of the villages.
- Doing a family Thai cooking class in any of the major cities.
- Lose yourself bargaining for an astonishing array of souvenirs and goods in Chiang Mai’s massive Night Market.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT
Read our blog posts…
The next day we hired a fishing boat (and its captain) to take us sailing to the nearby sights. Another…
The final Thailand stop on our Southeast Asia trip was Dolphin Bay, a little known beach resort about 40 minutes…
Our final destination in Bangkok was the famous Chatuchak market. Almost universally acclaimed as a must-see if you are in…