Costa Rica seems to have been designed for adventurous families!
Family Adventure Travel in Costa Rica & Nicaragua
Nicaragua is the “New Kid on the Block” in Central America. It is perfect for families and today is regarded as the safest country in the region.
Visit a coffee farm and learn the secrets of how some of the best coffee in the world is made, or see how chocolate is made, from the very moment you open up the cacao fruit! Learn to milk a cow at a sustainable dairy farm, and make your own sugar cane juice. Learn the amazing secrets of how pig and cow manure is turned into natural gas used in kitchens!
Sloths, huge iguanas, poison dart frogs, giant turtles, amazing bird and insect life – it’s all there and easy to see. Think night safaris in search of amazing nocturnal creatures you never knew existed, visiting beaches to see turtles laying eggs and perhaps witness a new hatchling running down to the sea, or hundreds of dolphins playing around your boat – Costa Rica has this and much more.
- Exploring the wonderful colonial cities of Leon and Granada
- Sandboarding down a volcano!!
- Kayaking on enormous Lake Nicaragua
- Staying at a lodge on an island in the middle of the lake
- Surfing, fishing and horseback riding on deserted beaches
- Zip lines and turtles
- Wonderful unspoilt and uncrowded beaches