Family holidays in Italy have it all. Italy is the quintessential family destination.
Family Adventure Travel in Italy
Off the Beaten Path
True to Quivertree’s travel ethos, when planning family holidays in Italy we do not follow the crowds through the major sights and cities, from one tourist attraction to the next. Instead we plan your family vacation by focusing on unspoiled Puglia in the south, Italy’s best-kept secret. This is the real Italy – where Italians go on vacation and where you’ll interact with locals and not tourists. Puglia abounds with gorgeous coastlines, silver olive groves, nightly summer festivals, and of course, fantastic food! You’ll chat to locals on benches and string chairs outside their houses, listen to taranta, the local folk music, or join in the summer party.
Culinary Tour in Italy
Delicious local cuisine such as polenta in the North and zeppola (doughnuts usually topped with powdered sugar) in Puglia—Italian food is so much more than pizza!
Experience a foodies paradise in Sicily. Spend 7 nights touring Sicily, arguably the most passionate foodie region of Italy.
Experience a Family Vacation in Italy
On your family vacation in Italy, we’ll immerse ourselves in the local lifestyle with cooking courses (including shopping in local markets and feasting on the results afterwards!), or do bike tours through little towns, villages and fruit orchards. Or you may just prefer to bask in the sun on some of Puglia’s famous beaches with clear turquoise waters. You’ll stay in the unique beehived shaped houses (trulli) that dot the area, 15th century convents converted into B&B’s or sumptuous modern villas. Between ancient castles, brilliantly whitewashed towns, the spectacular coastal area, the Gargano and the most stunning countryside, this will be a family holiday in Italy to remember!
Sightseeing in Italy
Of course we recognize Italy’s other attractions. We’ll organize your stay in Rome, the eternal city, and provide a full itinerary including the Colosseum, Forum, Vatican, Pantheon and more but we’ll add our insider knowledge enabling you to discover even more family travel gems. You may not want to travel anywhere else after experiencing Quivertree’s Italy!
- Alberobello, Locorotondo and Martina Franca – stay in a trullo in these towns resembling mini urban sprawls for gnomes or smurfs;
- Lecce – the “Florence of the South” will wow you with its exuberant baroque architecture;
- Beaches – miles and miles of white sand beaches and water so blue it will hurt your eyes;
- A perfect day in Rome. Start with a treasure hunt in Ancient Rome followed by gelato making!;
- Ostuni – regarded as one of Italy’s most stunning towns, the “White City” also has a dramatic hike to the beach;
- Cycling – we offer an incomparable cycling experience for all ages through the towns, villages and countryside of Puglia.