Guatemala has it all, from great immense ruins to astonishing landscapes to an outstanding exceptional cultural legacy, while Belize offers wonderful lodges, outstanding beaches and some of the best diving and snorkeling in the world.
Family Adventure Travel in Guatemala & Belize
Guatemala is a country of breathtaking landscapes and remarkable natural beauty. Within a relatively small area, it offers rugged mountain trails, exotic jungles, active volcanoes, white and black sand beaches, raging rivers and glorious, placid lakes.
Then there’s Antigua, colonial center of the New World, one of the Americas’ most enchanting cities, and today a haven of tranquility and a center for Spanish language schools. Add to that, the treasure trove of Mayan archeological sites, incredible market life, and a rich cultural, indigenous heritage, and you have a destination with incredible natural, historical and cultural appeal.
- Study Spanish, stay with a local family, or just wander the streets of Antigua
- Hike incredible Volcan Pacaya and get up close with lava flows
- Explore Mayan culture in the villages surrounding beautiful Lake Atitlan
- Go bargain hunting at Solala or Chichicastenango markets
- Experience sunrise at Tikal deep in the jungle
- Take a canoe trip into a Belizean cave and see where ancient rituals were enacted.
- Snorkel or dive in the wonderland of the Great Meso – American Reef.
- Relax at pristine beach resorts after an action packed trip through both countries.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT
Guatemala & Belize
Read our blog posts…