Family Adventure Travel in Peru & Bolivia
Hike part or all of the Inca Trail or simply marvel at the sunrise at Machu Picchu. Hike the Colca Canyon, which is twice the size of the Grand Canyon, one of the deepest canyons in the world. See condors flying through the deepest canyon in the world. Perhaps a visit to turquoise lakes or a zip line in the Amazon Jungle is more your style? Peru is the ultimate mix of people, culture, food and adventure. So many possibilities and so many ways to discover Peru.
The ancient Incan culture will captivate you as you admire the engineering feats required to create the spectacular terraces, which criss-cross the highest peaks. On your Peru family vacation, you can explore the citadels and temples and sacred sites that can be found throughout the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and the outskirts of Cusco.
- Hike part or all of the Inca Trail or simply marvel at the sunrise at Machu Picchu
- Explore the villages of the Sacred Valley and get a glimpse of ancient Incan life as many of the traditions and celebrations continue today
- Non-stop festivities and celebrations and incredible street life
- Hiking the Colca Canyon—twice the size of the Grand Canyon—one of the deepest canyons in the world
- Exotic Food—ceviche, Incan cola, tres leche, pisco sour, cuy (guinea pig)
- The most diverse array of wildlife of any country on earth.
- Uyuni Salt Flats – a surreal experience at any time of year. In the wet season, the salt flats become the largest mirror in the world! Your eyes will be deceived, as you cannot tell ground from sky! The tricky perspective photos are simply out of this world!
- Swimming with Pink Amazon Dolphins – one of the great wildlife experiences is to swim with the amazingly friendly pink dolphins of the Amazon!
- Exploring the flamingo-filled red and green lagoons of the high Andes – a magnificent natural spectacle.
- Seeking Jaguars in the Amazon jungle.
- Visit the unique cultures of the Lake Titicaca region, unchanged since the 1500’s.
- Flying over La Paz in public transport Ski Lift Gondoliers!